The first digital edition of National University’s GNU literary journal is coming soon! Submit your work and become part of the history of this new comprehensive creative journal.
The deadline for submissions for the 2016 GNU is November 30, 2015. Publication will be January, 2016.
The GNU seeks to provide an inclusive literary journal with an appreciation of all genres. Traditional literary works, short plays, young adult fiction, children’s literature, horror, comedy, western, mystery, historical fiction, memoir, personal essay, short fiction – even comics…you name it, we accept it.
Writers retain all rights to their work.
Please follow these guidelines to ensure your work receives all the consideration it deserves:
- Submit text only works as Word or .rtf format; ensure your name is not included in the attachment
- Submit comics or other works containing artwork as .png with a width no wider than 600 pixels so that they fit in our pages.
- Submit each work as a separate submission
- Ensure your work has a title and a genre (poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction)
- Please limit poetry and comic/artwork submissions to: 5 pieces, not to exceed 10 printed pages
- Please limit fiction and creative nonfiction to: 10,000 words (larger works can be submitted but may not be read)
- As always, ensure your work has been proofed and polished!
Submissions are now closed. Thank you to all of the writers who sent us their hard work. Please look for the call for submissions for the 2017 edition of GNU Journal in the fall.